Who can join OMASA?
Although the association aims to service Orientation and Mobility practitioners working in South Africa, membership is also open to International members who wish to join, as well as any person interested in or associated with mobility for people with visual impairments or services allied to this field.
There are currently five membership options.
Full MembershipPer Annum
- Open to anyone with an Orientation and Mobility practitioner qualification (from an institution recognised by the association)
Organisational MembershipPer Annum
- Open to any organisation that supports the objectives of the organisation
Association MembershipPer Annum
- Open to anyone involved in allied services to this field or anyone with a special interest in mobility for people with visual impairments
Student MembershipPer Annum
- Open to students of fields related to mobility for visually impaired people or allied to this field
Overseas MembershipPer Annum
- Open to anyone with an Orientation and Mobility practitioner qualification residing in countries outside of South Africa